Microgreens are rich in antioxidants and other minerals and vitamins and can contain up to 40 times the nutrients than their mature counterparts! We could all benefit from eating more microgreens.
We’ve put together some handy tips on how to start making those healthy habits part of your daily routine so you can knock your 5+ a day goal out of the park!
- Once your micropod is ready to harvest, leave it on the dining table or in your kitchen prep area so you remember to add it to your meals before eating (adds some lovely greenery to the dining table). If it's in plain sight, you’ll remember to eat them!
- If you like to do all your food prep at the beginning of the week, you can harvest your entire micropod at the start of the week and leave them in an airtight container between two damp paper towels – they’ll keep up to a week like this. Then you could take the container to work to make it easy to add to every lunch.
- Have seedmats on auto-ship – if they keep arriving at your door, you’ll remember to grow them and eat them! (plus you’ll get 10% off every order)
- Always make sure you're always growing a new pod so you have a continuous supply – if its ready and waiting, it’s that much easier to eat them.
- "Green Check" - before you begin your meal, check that it has some greenery! If not, simply pop on a handful of micros. You’ll get a boost of colour, flavour and texture to your meal.
To discover some other ways to use microgreens, check out our blog post here